SELinux policy building questions

Hi,

this year we have decided to adopt SELinux as part of our standard platform.
However we also build quite a few in-house RPM packages. What we're trying to
do now is to marry those two efforts, and make those packages we build provide
SELinux policies. Admittably we're using RHEL6 for this purpose. I have
already collected some information, and it looks like building SELinux modules
and providing them with the package is the way to go.

I have started building module from scratch based on what we had to do
manually to get rid of SELinux warnings (running SELinux in permissive mode at
the moment):

$ chcon -R -h -t httpd_sys_content_t -u system_u /usr/libexec/foo*
$ chcon -R -t httpd_sys_rw_content_t -u system_u /var/lib/foo
$ setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db on

which resulted in policy:

foo.fc:

/usr/libexec/foo(.*)?  gen_context(system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t,s0)
/var/lib/foo    gen_context(system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_rw_content_t,s0)

with foo.if and foo.te pretty much empty.

What I struggle with are several things:

1. can I set up boolean's value from the policy module?

2. I had to manually relabel /usr/libexec/foo* and /var/lib/foo via "fixfiles"
after I added policy via:

$ semodule -i foo.pp

Can I create module in a way that upon it's activation it'll relabel all
needed pieces? (I played with semodule's "-d" and "-e" with no effect)

3. I have seen several suggestions on how to package and install .pp files
with RPM:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SELinux
vs
http://selinuxproject.org/page/RPM

latter seems to be more natural at least from logic/syntax perspective. Which
one is preferred for RHEL6 (I know it's a fedora list, but I didn't see/find
corresponsing RHEL list and sysadmin@ ML is kind of low on traffic and answers
:( ).

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
     http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330