Re: google-chrome

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 13:05 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
> # semanage fcontext -a -t textrel_shlib_t '/opt/google/chrome/chrome'
> # restorecon -v '/opt/google/chrome/chrome'

If it really needs it then I would probably go with the above.

Is it reasonable? No:

http://www.akkadia.org/drepper/textrelocs.html

Quote:

"There is usually no reason to not fix the problems. While a programs
with text relocations can be made to run by relaxing the SELinux
security this is a bad idea. The kind of permissions which have to be
granted to the program create a gaping hole in the security policy.
Attackers will be able to modify the memory as well. If this is not the
case a program can enforce a strict W^X policy. I.e., no memory page is
writable and executable at the same time. And more: SElinux can also
enforce that no writable page can be marked as read/exec-only. With
these provisions an attacker has no room where to place his/her exploit
code. This is a huge win. So, always fix all text relocations. We've
made it as easy as possible."