Re: Getting kmotion under selinux's control.

On 06/23/2011 02:49 PM, Dominick Grift wrote:
> On 06/23/2011 11:36 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>
> > Almost worked!  I had to add to do:
>

> > But I ran into a tough nut to crack, setroubleshooter was complaining:
>
> > + SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/httpd from using potentially
> > mislabeled files last_jpeg.
> > + SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/httpd from using potentially
> > mislabeled files event.
>
> > These files are located in: /dev/shm/kmotion_ramdisk areas, so I added:
>
> > semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t
> > "/dev/shm/kmotion_ramdisk(/.*)?"
> > restorecon -R -v -F /dev/shm/kmotion_ramdisk/
>
> > and yet, the odd-ball here is that all the files in this directory shows
> > context as:
>
> > restorecon reset /dev/shm/kmotion_ramdisk/01/last_jpeg context
> >
> system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_rw_content_t:s0->system_u:object_r:device_t:s0
>
> Yes those two types are aliased buth have the same properties. i never
> understand why they did that.
>
> > restorecon reset /dev/shm/kmotion_ramdisk/events context
> >
> system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_rw_content_t:s0->system_u:object_r:device_t:s0
>
> > Look carefully ==>  _rw_ <== is put into the wrong position!
>
> > I could test this using chcon and the results are the same.
>
> > Something is preventing me from properly labelling the files in
> > /dev/shm/kmotion_ramdisk area since _rw_ is put after 'sys'
> > instead of after 'content'!
>
> > I tried:
>
> > chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t /dev/shm/kmotion_ramdisk (_rw_ is in
> > the wrong position)
>
> > I also tried to see if I get a different result as if _rw_ would be
> swapped:
>
> > chcon -R -t httpd_sys_rw_content_t /dev/shm/kmotion_ramdisk (_rw_ is
> > still in the wrong position)
>

> > How do I fix this?
>
> I dont see a need to fix that since those types are aliased.
>
> You have another issue here though.
>
> /dev//shm is a tmpfs meaning each time you boot it will be cleared.
>
> i do not think that httpd_t is allowed to create files in /dev/shm by
> default.
>
> So you would in that case need to allow httpd_t to create files (and
> directories) there. To do that properly you would probably need to
> create a type owned by apache, and allow apache to type transition in
> tmpfs_t directories.
>
> example:
Do you mean that I must create an empty file called: myapache.te
> myapache.te

Then add the following...
> policy_module(myapache, 1.0.0)
>
> gen_require(` type httpd_t; ')
>
> type httpd_tmpfs_t;
> files_tmpfs_file(httpd_tmpfs_t)
>
> manage_dirs_pattern(httpd_t, httpd_tmpfs_t, httpd_tmpfs_t)
> manage_files_pattern(httpd_t, httpd_tmpfs_t, httpd_tmpfs_t)
> fs_tmpfs_filetrans(httpd_t, httpd_tmpfs_t, { dir file })
to here....
> then:
>
> make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile myapache.pp
I assume that the above make looks for myapache.te in the same directory?

Using kmotionApache.te

The results I got when doing the above on my Desktop space:
=======================================
$ make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile kmotionApache.pp
find: `Falstad': No such file or directory
find: `site': No such file or directory
Compiling targeted kmotionApache module
/usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from
tmp/kmotionApache.tmp
/usr/bin/checkmodule:  policy configuration loaded
/usr/bin/checkmodule:  writing binary representation (version 10) to
tmp/kmotionApache.mod
Creating targeted kmotionApache.pp policy package
rm tmp/kmotionApache.mod.fc tmp/kmotionApache.mod
These files were created:
+ kmotionApache.if   (0 length file)
+ kmotionApache.fc  (0 length file)
+ kmotionApache.pp (binary file)

So at this point, I do not want to proceed until I am certain
that I am getting the right results....  I cannot check out
kmotionApache.pp since it is a binary file...