Re: add textrel_shlib_t in package %post or in selinux-policy?

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 11:31:15AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> > 1. Preferably get rid of the text relocations.
> >
> +10000000

I've been in contact with the upstream author, and he is working
towards that goal.

In the meantime, I've compiled the C version which does use -fPIC (and
happens to avoid some other bugs with the assembly version)

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ocp-0.1.20-8.fc15
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ocp-0.1.20-8.fc14
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ocp-0.1.20-8.fc13

Karma appreciated :-)

> > 2. If that is not possible then ask selinux-policy to add file context
> > specs for the libs that need it.
> >
> Yes

In this case, I would like to ask that the selinux-policy package
remove this obsolete file context and not replace it with anything
else:

/usr/lib(64)?/ocp-.*/mixclip\.so	--	system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0

Should I file a bug against selinux-policy?

> textrel_shlib_t usually means the developer of the library made a
> mistake, and we want to cover up for it by making SELinux be quite and
> just allow it.
>
> If you want to set the label in the post install you should execute the
> semanage command.
>
> semanage fcontex -a -t textrel_shlib_t PATHTOSHLIB
> restorecon PATHTOSHLIB

I've decided to use this method for the temporary need of
textrel_shlib_t on the assembly version (which can be built by using
--with-i386asm, but is not built this way by default in Fedora).  That
way I can easily remove this later when text relocations are no longer
needed (and I can switch back to the assembly version).

Thanks for the input.