[sandbox] non permanent '-H'

Hi,

I like to run firefox instances where modifications to the profile are
not permanent but with the feature of permanently installed addons,
bookmarks, ...

To accomplish that one can start firefox via
sanbox -X -i ~/.mozilla ....
and it will simply work.

The problem arises if one would like to have different "templates"
sandbox -X -i ~/sandboxes/fftemplate1/.mozilla ...
sandbox -X -i ~/sandboxes/fftemplate2/.mozilla ...

this wont work because the path within the sandbox will also be
~/sandboxes/fftemp.... instead of ~/.mozilla

Is there a way to accomplish what I want?
Or is there something like -H needed with the difference that it
shouldn't store modifications?

kind regards,
Christoph A.
btw: I didn't find a way to tell firefox to look for the profile folder
at a different location.