Re: Seek for help

On 10/19/2010 09:33 AM, su heng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two problem want to fix.
>
> Firstly,
>
> [root@localhost tmp]# mkdir test
> [root@localhost tmp]# ls -dZ test
> drwxr-xr-x. root root unconfined_u:object_r:user_tmp_t:s0 test
> [root@localhost tmp]# semanage fcontext -a -t samba_share_t
> "/tmp/test(/.*)?"
> [root@localhost tmp]# restorecon -R -v /tmp/test/
> restorecon reset /tmp/test context
> unconfined_u:object_r:user_tmp_t:s0->system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0
> [root@localhost tmp]# ls -dZ test
> drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0 test
> When I tried to delete the type, an error happened.
> [root@localhost tmp]# semanage fcontext -d /tmp/test/
> Can't create lock file '/var/cache/abrt/pyhook-1287493825-3446.lock':
> Permission denied
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/semanage", line 501, in <module>
>     process_args(sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/usr/sbin/semanage", line 437, in process_args
>     OBJECT.delete(target, ftype)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/seobject.py", line 1623, in
> delete
>     self.__delete( target, ftype)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/seobject.py", line 1594, in
> __delete
>     if target in self.equiv.keys():
> AttributeError: fcontextRecords instance has no attribute 'equiv'

This looks like a bug in semanage

rpm -q policycoreutils

This line
# semanage fcontext -d /tmp/test/

should be
# semanage fcontext -d "/tmp/test(/.*)?"

But it looks like you will still have the bug.

> And I have searched from Google, there is a bug has been reported. So I
> update it to the latest selinux-policy. The error still. How should I
> do?
>
> Secondly,
>    I have read the document which resided on fedora site. I have a
> question.
> We can change the type or the domain of a file or process which can let
> us pass through the check of se-linux.
> And we also can write a policy file to pass through se-linux.
>
>    These two methods are the same destination? If so, which one is
> better when we try to use and why?
> If not, Please give me some suggestion about the difference and when we
> should to use for them?

Not sure I understand the question.  I would say you want to change the
domain of the process or the context of the file to match the truth.
For example, if you have a file that needs to be shared by samba then it
is usually better to change the label to samba_share_t rather then run
the samba process as an unconfined process.

But it is best for you to describe the exact problem that you are having
with SELinux