Re: pipefs AVC

On 08/29/2010 02:55 PM, Mr Dash Four wrote:

>> As for looking stuff up, i use eclipse-slide. Basically i have refpolicy
>> imported into slide and build in slide that will expose the macros so
>> you can just hover over them and see their contents or alter click and
>> choose open declaration or just click them and look in the declaration
>> pane. Theres also a filter window which lets you easily search for
>> interfaces.
>>
> Bummer! I use Eclipse extensively in my everyday job (as well as at
> home) and that is the first time I've read about eclipse-slide!
>
> Google reveals this - http://oss.tresys.com/projects/slide/wiki/download
> - and from this it seems a pretty handy tool to have. Does it resolve
> macros with $1 and/or $2 in their names (like corenet_bind_dns_port ->
> corenet_bind_$1_port for example)?

Not like that ( that is not how the corenet interfaces are used) but for
example if you hover over an interface call for example
files_search_etc() it will tell you in a tooltip what parameters it
takes (in this example $1 is domain)

But also with the $* variables once you get familiar with policy you
basically know what parameters are needed to accomplish a valid access
vector or set of access vectors.

The corenet interfaces are generated automatically when you declare a
port type. So these interfaces are very consistent (each port type as
the same set of interfaces to use. The only difference is the type
prefix in the interface names.