Re: Two diferent Java programs on same machine

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 16:46 +0200, giovanni testing wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have to run two differents Java programs, with different permissions
> (they access to different files and listen to different ports).
> There is some way to specify different rules even they share the same
> executable (Java)?
>
> I'm thinking of one possibility, but I think that is not possible:
> -If you come from unconfined_t and run MyPolice_exec_t (java), the
> transition goes to MyPoliceA_t
> -If you come from user_t and run MyPolic_exec_t(java), the transition
> goes to MyPoliceB_t

That is possible, but you don't want to label java itself with
MyPolice_exec_t.  Instead, create a wrapper that invokes java with the
right arguments, and label it with MyPolice_exec_t.

You can also use runcon -t to launch a program in a particular domain
type if the caller is authorized to do so, e.g.
	runcon -t MyPolice_t java ...

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency