Re: Using httpd and vsftpd together

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 11:49:51 Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I want my web users to use vsftpd for populating their web space.
>
> And I want SElinux to have an eye on everything there. But my problem is:
>
> For vsftpd to work I need the following context on the web directories:
> system_u:public_content_rw_t
> For httpd to work I need the following context on the web directories:
> object_r:httpd_sys_content_t
>
> How can I achieve to let SElinux both daemons work on the same web
> directory?
>

>From the httpd_selinux man page

SHARING FILES
       If  you  want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync,
       Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and  public_con-
       tent_rw_t.   These  context  allow any of the above domains to read the
       content.  If you want a particular domain to write to  the  public_con-
       tent_rw_t    domain,    you   must   set   the   appropriate   boolean.
       allow_DOMAIN_anon_write.  So for httpd you would execute:

       setsebool -P allow_httpd_anon_write=1

       or

       setsebool -P allow_httpd_sys_script_anon_write=1

See also ftpd_selinux.

Tony

> I am not very deep into SElinux by now, so please bear with me. I have
> googled for this particular problem, but found nothing.
>
> Any hint or help or url of a howto is appreciated.
>
> Dirk
>
> --

Chief Technical Officer.                   Tel: +353 061-202778
Dept. of Comp. Sci.
University of Limerick.