Re: how to set permissions to files with a patern in the file hame

On 02/17/2010 03:27 AM, ESGLinux wrote:

>> ESG, Take a step back and explain to us what process is creating these
>> files.  What procesess are you
>> trying to prevent from reading these files?
>>
>> any process that can create a file, touch, vim...
>

>> Who is creating the files?
>>

> any user that can log in the system.
>

>> If it is one process creating the files then you can add SELinux awareness
>> to the tool and get the files created with the "correct" context.
>>

> Hope my answer explain a bit more the problem
>
> Thanks
>
> ESG
>

> --
What is the secutity separation on the files than.  Can you give me an more definition of what these files are.

Are you trying to allow a file to be created and depending on its name, it can be shared by a confined service?

You have not explained what your security goal is.