Re: Why can't I set /mnt/path to samba_share_t ?

On 15/02/10 21:54, Tristan Santore wrote:
> On 15/02/10 21:44, Shintaro Fujiwara wrote:
>> Hi, I'm now making server at my office with f12.
>> I'm moved by how easy SELinux became to configure anythinng after all
>> these years.
>>
>> I have mounted HDs on /mnt/path or /media/path.
>>
>> The HDs are mounted on /mnt/path which reside valuable data inside,
>> and on /media/path
>> which has backup tar balls.
>>
>> The one on /mnt/path are shared data by samba so that some
>> organization unit guys can read and write through network.
>>
>> First,I set
>> #chmod 777 /mnt/path
>> and this is just a test, so it's not controversial.
>> Second, after I read smb.conf, and I found SELinux configuration
>> telling to set path to samba_share_t by chcon.
>> I made it and it was a success, I could read and write from network to
>> /mnt/path.
>>
>> Next, I commanded,
>> # restorecon -R -v /mnt
>> and /mnt/path became mnt_t.
>> In that, I failed both read nor write.
>>
>> I made local module by audit2allow and installed by semodule -i.
>> Of course, I restoreconed.
>> I failed again.
>>
>> I did
>> # touch /.autorelabel
>> # shutdown -r now
>>
>> I failed.
>>
>> security context of /mnt/path is still mnt_t.
>>
>> How can I set security context of /mnt/path to samba_share_t not using
>> chcon ?

The module you created using audit2allow will have a .fc file. Add the
following line to that file:

/mnt/path(/.*)?		gen_context(system_u:object_r:samba_share_t,s0)

Then edit the .te file to increase the module version number (the number
in the policy_module declaration at the top) and rebuild the .pp file.

When you've done that, use "semodule -u" to update the policy module.

You'll then be able to do "restorecon -R -v /mnt/path" and it'll be
samba_share_t.

Paul.