Re: SELinux and gitosis (FC11)

On 07/07/2009 09:07 AM, Jonathan Stott wrote:
2009/7/7 Daniel J Walsh<dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>:
So you intended on using the guest_t user?  What does the te file created by
audit2allow look like?

I think the problem here is the guest_t user is running at s0 and trying to
write to a fifo_file at s0-s0:c0.c1023

If you take the above audit messages and run them through audit2why, what
does the tool say?

It says the errors were caused by:
	Was caused by:
		Policy constraint violation.

		May require adding a type attribute to the domain or type to satisfy
the constraint.

		Constraints are defined in the policy sources in policy/constraints
(general), policy/mcs (MCS), and policy/mls (MLS).

And when I run them through audit2why gives me

allow guest_t sshd_t:fifo_file write;

Which looks vaguely sane to my untrained eye.

I'm not particularly wedded to the guest user in specific, but I would
prefer it to have a minimal privilege user, since it has no need to do
anything but manage the git repositories in the home directory.

Regards
Jon
No I think this is great, Just trying to figure out the best way to do this.