Re: Domain transition missing

On 07/04/2009 08:48 AM, Vadym Chepkov wrote:
I really get used to running my scripts unconfined, how I can accomplish it in this scenario?

Sincerely yours,
   Vadym Chepkov

--- On Sat, 7/4/09, Dominick Grift<domg472@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

From: Dominick Grift<domg472@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Domain transition missing
To: "Vadym Chepkov"<chepkov@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Fedora SELinux"<fedora-selinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, July 4, 2009, 8:41 AM
On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 14:38 +0200,
Dominick Grift wrote:
On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 05:11 -0700, Vadym Chepkov
wrote:
Hi,

Last night I got a nasty surprise from selinux. I
am using winbind for external authentication and since it
has history of failures I have a simple watchdog implemented
to check the status and restart it if necessary. That
is  what happened last night and as a law abiding
selinux citizen I used 'service winbind restart', but it
seems the proper domain transitions is missing and winbind
was started in system_cronjob_t domain instead of winbind_t
and none of other domains could connect to it.
I think jobs running from cron should be granted
the same transition rules as  from unconfined_t.
I will file bugzilla report about it, but could
somebody help me with modifying my local policy until/if it
gets implemented, please? Thank you.
Sincerely yours,
    Vadym Chepkov
A domain transition would be:

policy_module(mywinbind, 0.0.1)

require { type system_cronjob_t, winbind_exec_t,
winbind_t; }
domain_auto_trans(system_cronjob_t, winbind_exec_t,
winbind_t)
Can you show us the full raw avc denial?

But personally would deal with this in a different way. I
would write
policy for the script that restarts winbind and then i
would create a
domain transition for the domain in which the script runs
to winbind_t.

Mainly because i wouldnt want to extend/modify
system_cronjob_t

So: system_cronjob_t ->  myscript_exec_t ->  myscript_t
->  winbind_exec_t
->  winbind_t

It looks like standard SELinux policy should have allowed

system_cronjob_t to transition to initrc_t when executing an initrc script. How is the windbind script labeled?

ls -lZ /etc/init.d/winbind
-rwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:samba_initrc_exec_t:s0 /etc/init.d/winbind