Re: Unable to successfully run some applications in Fedora 9 with MLS enforcing

On 03/17/2009 02:54 PM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
On 03/17/2009 11:26 AM, Dominick Grift wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 08:08 -0700, zoroufi wrote:
Dear All,
After successfully switching to MLS enforcing mode in Fedora 9 I have
some
troubles when running some applications. After executing these
applications
they are terminated and no result even no log is generated.
For example running the system-config-selinux terminates the
application.
Would you please help me what should I do in order to overcome this
problem?
Similar behaviors are estimated when you run any of the followings
commands
service --status-all
system-config-users
system-config-display
Any comments will be appreciated
Mohammad

policy-MLS in Fedora 9 is not supported in a GUI i believe. If you want
to use policy-MLS, use it in runlevel 3 only.

In Fedora 11 (rawhide), MLS might work with the GUI but it is still a
work in progress.

I am not sure why "service --status-all" would cause issue however. Any
related AVC denial that is generated might give clues.