Re: Fedora 10 Selinux Denies Firefox Ability to Upload Picture

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 13:21 -0600, Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried uploading a picture to facebook, and it appears that selinux was denying firefox the ability to read the image.  The image has the following context:
>
> rw-rw-r--  ole ole unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0 dsc06702.jpg
>

> I looked in /var/log/messages and /var/log/audit/audit.log for a denial message, but did not see one (Silent denial?).  The image uploaded fine after running:
>
> setenforce 0
>
> though, so I assume it's SELinux.  Thought I'd mention this in case it's something that can make a secure Fedora experience simpler for the average desktop user.

You can unload the "silent denials" using the "semodule -DB" command.
Your issue is strange however because it seems that you operate in the
unconfined user domain. This user domain is designed to be unrestricted
(not targeted) with the exception of execmem, execmod, execstack and
execheap.

Hth, Dominick grift