Re: What is the proper way to use an alternate public_html path?

On 2008-12-15, 10:06 GMT, Paul Howarth wrote:
> I used to use semanage for this but I find that using a local
> policy module (I invariably need the odd rule or two to allow
> for local configuration strangeness) makes it easier to see
> what policy customizations I've made and to change them if
> necessary - manageability is better this way I think.

Yeah, not fighting against local modules, just think that it is
easier to use semanage and

semanage fcontext -l -C

goes long way in making it painless.

> HOME_DIR should also cater for those people that have home
> directories somewhere other than straight under /home.

Sure, I was just too lazy to find out whether HOME_DIR works with
semanage, plus when the change is strictly local, then
administrator of the system, should be able to know where his
homedirs are.

Matěj