Re: File contexts and how are files labeled?

Timothy Renner wrote:
First off, thanks for the answers about finding out the SELinux transactions... autrace was the way to go.... Now I have a more fundamental problem... In the file context labels, there are two rules that conflict:

/sbin/.*       all files   system_u:object_r:bin_t:s0

      and

/sbin/mount.mymounter   regular file   system_u:object_r:myfile_exec_t:s0

The problem though is that the file gets labeled under the blanket /sbin/.* context, rather than the more specific one:

 > ls -lZ /sbin/mount.mymounter
lrwxrwxrwx root root system_u:object_r:bin_t /sbin/mount.mymounter -> /myproject/sbin/mymounter
I tried this on Fedora Rawhide and it worked. I also have your /sbin/* rule. Did you run "restorecon /sbin/mount.mymounter" after adding the rule?

I don't know how this works for symbolic links. You might have to add a rule (and run restorecon) for /myproject/sbin/mymounter

Any thoughts on this? Can someone explain how the file context is derived from the rules? Is it as simple as whichever matches first? And does anyone know a way around this labeling problem, assuming I cannot remove the /sbin/.* rule, but can only add rules through a policy module.

Thanks again,
-Tim