Advice needed designing packages for selinux

Hey folks!

Here's some architectural background on my application. I have two pieces: an agent and a library that links with an application. The library communicates with the agent via semaphores, message queues, and shared memory. The files corresponding to these IPC mechanisms had been stored in /tmp. But here's the rub. The agent could run in root space as a system wide agent, but also in user space as a development and debugging tool. To facilitate this, each instance creates it's own subdirectory to hold the IPC files. Since they'll need to clean this up when they're done, I'd set the sticky bit on the directory.

So know, if I move the system queues to /var/lib as I should, I have to have the sticky but set there, which is bad. Alternatively, if I leave it in the /tmp directory, I don't see how I can set the ACL's that selinux requires. The third option is to give any applications requiring access permissions so broad as to defeat the purpose of selinux. And the fourth is to disable selinux entirely, which is also not good.

Advice?

TIA,
Dave