Re: Running a script from Samba

Aleksander Adamowski wrote:

Hi!

I have a problem with this type on Fedora 9 (upgraded from Fedora 8).

I'm trying to rebuild the policy and recompile my custom modules for policy version 3.3, but when I try to replace the base policy I get the error that this type is not defined:

# semodule -b /usr/share/selinux/targeted/base.pp
libsepol.context_from_record: type samba_unconfined_script_exec_t is not defined
libsepol.context_from_record: could not create context structure
libsepol.context_from_string: could not create context structure
libsepol.sepol_context_to_sid: could not convert system_u:object_r:samba_unconfined_script_exec_t:s0 to sid
invalid context system_u:object_r:samba_unconfined_script_exec_t:s0
libsemanage.semanage_install_active: setfiles returned error code 1.
semodule:  Failed!

I've removed all my custom modules; my file_contexts.local contains only one entry that concerns stunnel:
/usr/bin/stunnel -- system_u:object_r:stunnel_exec_t:s0

I also have the unconfined.pp module unloaded (when it was Fedora 8). But when I try to load it back on Fedora 9, I get this error:

# semodule -i /usr/share/selinux/targeted/unconfined.pp
libsepol.permission_copy_callback: Module unconfined depends on permission forward_out in class packet, not satisfied
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed
semodule:  Failed!

Which is probably (I think) due to the old base.pp being still used because I cannot install the new one because of this problem with Samba script type.

Could you suggest a path for getting out of this situation?

I've figured out that indeed my unloading of unconfined.pp was causing the problem with loading the base policy. However, copying /usr/share/selinux/targeted/unconfined.pp manually to /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/modules has allowed me to load the new base.pp.

--
Best Regards,
   Aleksander Adamowski