Re: SELinux concerning /home symlink?

Mike <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is the problem caused by the fact that the home area is symlinked from
> /home to /opt/Local/home ?

It turned out that I have managed to fix the issue by changing the contexts
of the files in /opt/Local/home/mike/.ssh to type user_home_t - and now
the ssh problem has gone away.

I was told by a helpful poster in Fedora list that the fact that my home
areas are on /opt would have resulted in inappropriate contexts for
/opt/Local/home since this would have been different if the partition had
been /home and not under /opt - this was indeed the case and changing
to user_home_t fixed this.

I therefore suspect that I should change all the contexts to the same type
in /opt/Local/home

Anyway problem solved for the moment... this kind of information may well
be useful to others who have atypical home areas for ease of doing upgrades.