Re: selinux preventing clamd and amavisd even in Permissive

I think I figured it out.

I had not configured freshclam yet. Even though clamav had the default virus databases from clamav-data.i386, clamav system would not start until freshclam had updated the databases. I configured freshclam before I went out. Apparently, when cron updated the virus databases, clamav started normally and opened the missing socket and the email system started working properly.

At least this is my best deduction.

I don't remember having to have freshclam configured for updates prior to email working in Fedora 7. Guess this is a question for a different list, but I just wanted to put things to rest.

Regards,
John