Freeciv 2.0.8

Everyone:

Would SELinux interfere with Freeciv?

Freeciv works in single-player mode primarily by starting its own server process and connecting to it. But when I try to start a Freeciv client, I get this message:

Starting server...
Couldn't connect to the server.
We probably couldn't start it from here.
You'll have to start one manually. Sorry....

Then when I /do/ try to start a Freeciv server manually, and load a game, I can't connect. When I try to use Freeciv's client to "connect to a network game"--well, I see a few games out on the Internet, but /none/ in my "Local Area Network."

When I run Freeciv on a Windows box--no problem at all.

What might be the issue? Actually, I tried disabling SELinux, and then running Freeciv right away. No joy. (Whenever I process updates to selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted, I always disable SELinux, process the update, re-enforce SELinux, and restart the system for relabeling.)

It's either some obscure element of SELinux, or it's the kernel. I don't even know how to go about diagnosing it.

I would appreciate any suggestion. I know it's "just a game," but anything that interferes with a game, might also interfere with a business or professional application that I might try to develop, that needs to do something similar.

Temlakos