Re: Can't run OpenVPN from /etc/init.d/openvpn

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
On 08/08/2007 03:30 AM, Michal Ludvig wrote:
Hi all,

I have a fresh install of RHEL5 (x86) with OpenVPN 2.0.9 and its dependent liblzo2 2.02 from RPMforge.net.

With SElinux disabled everything works nicely. However with SElinux enabled in enforcing targeted mode I can't run OpenVPN via /etc/init.d/openvpn:

~# /etc/init.d/openvpn start
Starting openvpn: /usr/sbin/openvpn: error while loading shared libraries: liblzo2.so.2: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied
                                                           [FAILED]
[...]

What should I do to make it work from /etc/init.d on system boot as well?
I've had a similar problem some time ago. Rather then punching an additional hole in selinux, I switched to the openvpn package from EPEL.

Thanks for a hint. I'd eventually resort to EPEL if I couldn't make the package from rpm forge work.

I take it however as a SElinux learning opportunity so I'd appreciate any hints or explanations on the problem I described as well.

Thanks!

Michal