Re: MySQL custom datadir location - other daemons too

Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:

It seems you're moving /var/lib/mysql to /db/mysql, and the following new labeling rule should set the right labels for the db:

	# Add new labeling rule:
	/usr/sbin/semanage fcontext -a -t mysqld_db_t "/db/mysql(/.*)?"

Which files are modified by this command, and will the changes persist after updates will be released (and applied) for the selinux RPMs?

But, I'm quite uncertain on how to map your tmpdir and basedir. What

Yeah, I'd like to keep tmpdir (originally on /tmp) together with the datadir, so I'd like to move it, say, to /db/tmp

I guess I should run semanage for /db/tmp as well?

basedir will probably be /db (originally /var/lib) so I'm not sure what to do. I guess I could actually move /var/lib/mysql to /db/lib/mysql and change basedir from /var/lib to /db/lib - this might make it simpler to adapt existing labeling rules to the customized system?

By the way, I figured out the fstab thing. The correct way to do it is:

# grep /db /etc/fstab
LABEL=/db /db ext3 defcontext=system_u:object_r:var_t:s0 1 2

The trailing :s0 appears to be important in this context. But after the system boots up, I can manually do a "mount /db" even if :s0 is not appended and it works.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/