Re: policy build failure

Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 16:00 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
Wart wrote:
I just tried rebuilding the policy files for a package that I am working on (cyphesis), and started getting this syntax error in Rawhide:

% make NAME=strict -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile
cat: /selinux/mls: No such file or directory
Compiling strict cyphesis module
tmp/all_interfaces.conf:7820:ERROR 'syntax error' at token 'allow' on line 3871:

allow staff_evolution_alarm_t staff_t:fifo_file { getattr write };
/usr/bin/checkmodule:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
/usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from tmp/cyphesis.tmp

Why don't you have /selinux/mls?

SELinux disabled on the build host?  Or building in a chroot that
doesn't have selinuxfs mounted?

The latter. I'm building in the mock chroot environment. I'm not concerned about the missing /selinux/mls error, as that doesn't seem prevent the build from finishing. I've always seen this error when building in mock. The real problem is the new syntax error when compiling the module.

--Wart