Re: Firefox on strict policy

I used grep as well.  Adding a boolean sounds like a great idea.

-Ken-

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
Ken wrote:
Thank you for your response. I inadvertently sent my response to the previous message to your address rather than the list, and later posted it to the list. I noticed that you did not send this reply to the list so I did not know if it was appropriate to post my response on the list or not, and I chose not to. I have already written a program/script which removed the"dontaudit" statements from the ".te" files in the policy while I was in the process of troubleshooting this problem. This was helpful, but I have noticed dontaudit statements occurring in other files as well, and I am interested in learning more about the enableaudit module. I searched my hard drive for the source code and did not find it. Where can I find the source code for the module?

-Ken-

I have no problem if this is on list. Problem is I am not sure which list it belongs to. enableaudit.pp is created from the same source file as the rest of the code. Basically it uses the grep -v dontaudit out of the policy file and rebuilds. So I am sure you did the same thing. The plan is to eventually add some kind of boolean to turn on/off dontaudit rules.
Daniel J Walsh wrote:
Ken wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but it was not labeling. It appears to have had something to do with mls, although I have not had the time to figure out exactly what. I changed all the mls levels to s0 and the problem went away. It sure would be nice if there were a feature to disable all "dontaudit" statements for policy debugging.

semodule -b /usr/share/selinux/mls/enableaudit.pp

-Ken-

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
Ken wrote:
I am attempting to get a strict policy working on my FC-6 system (version 2.4.3-2.fc6). I have successfully created a user account, and I can log both the root and the user account into the GUI. I am attempting to get Firefox to work and I am having difficulties. If I click on the Firefox icon, I see the program listed as opening, and it stays that way for a few seconds and then disappears. If I check the message log (var/log/messages), there are no messages (either avc or other) generated as a result of the attempt. This only happens when the policy is enforcing. When the policy is is not enforcing, Firefox loads properly -- also with no messages. I have noticed that Firefox is not writing to its .mozilla folder when the policy is enforcing, and that it does write to several files in this folder when it loads properly. This problem affects both my user account and the root account. Can someone please explain why I am not receiving any error messages (or any messages at all), and let me know what needs to be changed in order to load Firefox?

check /var/log/audit/audit.log for avc messages.

I would guess you have a labeling problem on your home dir.

restorecon -R -v ~/