Re: semodule error/question

Leffler, Sean wrote:
The Setup: In VMware (winders based) I created a FC5 barebones httpd server running
strict policy.
Couldn't start the init process before it hung.
I ran dmesg | audit2allow -M dmesg and got a nice big module to install.
Since this is only for learning on a test network I decided to add the
whole module.

When I ran semodule -i dmesg.pp I got this error:

libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Could not access sandbox base file
/etc/selinux/strict/modules/tmp/base.pp.
semodule:  Failed!

Are you running on a strict policy machine? Or is the machine confused? Which policy packages to you have installed. You probably should install the rpm to make sure the directories get created correctly.
There is no  /etc/selinux/strict/modules or
/etc/selinux/strict/modules/tmp/ directory. Is this created only when using the policy src.rpm? I did read in a
January '06 post that there was some problems with the
module/module.conf, don't know if this is related.

Pertinent info:
Kernel 2.6.18-1.2239.fc5
Checkpolicy-1.32-1.fc5
selinux-policy-strict.noarch 2.3.7-2.fc5
libsemanage-1.6.17-1
Policycoreutils-1.33.1-1

Thanks guys,

Sean