Re: FC6 SELinux issues

Gene Czarcinski wrote:
On Thursday 05 October 2006 10:29, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
MLS Policy is a server only policy. IE We don not support X-Windows. So if you want to change to MLS you need to remove all X-Windows
software and relabel.  Then it should work, but you need to understand
how an MLS environment works.

OK, I can understand that. However, the release notes (or some other release documentation) should point this out. Given this situation and vmware, I will create some server-only guests to try things out.

Strict policy is not heavily tested in Fedora.  Most people run
targeted.  We will look at any problems that you have with it, though.

Ditto on documentation. When I first tried SELinux in FC2, "strict" was it but everything more or less worked.

A lot has changed since FC2 :^)
At this point, I have no idea as to the kernel panic cause on the Dell 350 and may not be able to address that given other circumstances. However, I did notice that a number of services did have startup and/or shutdown problems ... this occurred on both strict and mls although at this point I do not know if they are the same services.

There is not that much difference between strict and targeted policy at
this point on the system space side and I want to work on adding
Userspace confinement via targeted policy and booleans in the future. So people can begin to confine userspace if they so choose.

Given the same services, some do not work properly under strict but function just fine under targeted.
Please get avc messages for any case where this happens.