Re: Two issues

allow ftpd_t user_home_dir_t:dir write;

Am I missing something ?

TIA!

How was that local.te file generated?   In any event, assuming you are
trying to build it as a module, it needs to declare any required
permissions in its require block, which can either be done explicitly or
by using the policy_module() macro.  Otherwise, the compiler doesn't
know that it is an external dependency.

  That was what I needed !

  As you can tell, I am a "newby" to this modular version.

A fixfiles ran to help the DBUS issue, "fixed" me all right, the vsftpd daemon is (*was*) kaput. (It worked fine *before* the fixfiles) I have created a working policy to resurrect the service. Being as I had not changed anything, besides running "yum update" on a virgin install, I suspect FC5 users are currently one "fixfiles" away from replicating my dilemma.. (I replicated this on another virgin system, as a sanity test.)

 So, just a FYI, heads up, and a Thank You!

PPS: Any suggestions on recovering those DBUS messages, would be *greatly* appreciated... it is kind of hard to audit, without an audit trail.

<humor>
Say, the person who did that work didn't previously work for Diebold, did they ? :-P
</humor>