Re: Procmail, Spamassassin, and /etc/shadow

Marc Schwartz wrote:
Charles A. Crayne wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:57:17 +0100
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:How do you call spamassassin from procmail?

In addition to the direct call cited in my previous reply, I have now
unearthed an indirect call via a perl script, as follows:

. . .
open( SPAM, '| spamassassin -e > /dev/null');
print SPAM "$message";
close( SPAM );
. . .

-- Chuck

Chuck,

What happens if you change the call in .procmailrc to:

:0 fw
| /usr/bin/spamc

so that the spamd daemon is used rather than running the spamassassin executable each time?

This is much more likely to work properly, since procmail will transition properly to the spamaassassin client domain this way. And of course it'll be faster.

Paul.