samba and apache shared directories on FC5

Hi,
I have a directory structure that contains multiple web sites that I also want shared out using samba to restricted users.  I've just upgraded to FC5 and worked most of the kinks out (including trying to get Samba's net getlocalsid to talk to ldap properly, but that's another story).

current configuration:

# ls -alZ /MV
gives:
drwsrws---  apache   apache   system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t webs

however the samba shared directory is readonly for users browsing.
If I set the type to samba_share_t,  apache can no longer read the directory.

This also has other implications.  I have a directory in another share (Archives/Repository) that is soft linked to a directory under a web site so that users can copy files into it from a windows client and have them available for download.

I found a post by Stephen Smalley back in June last year that talks a little about this issue:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2005-June/msg00264.html
that suggested a possible fix by defining a new type allowing both httpd and samba to access the files - with samba having permission to write.

Any ideas on whether this is likely to be added to a policy for FC5 in the near future, and how can I fix this in the interim?  I'd rather not disable selinux if I can avoid it :)

Thanks in advance,

Robert Foster
General Manager
Mountain Visions P/L  http://mountainvisions.com.au
Mobile: 0418 131 065

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Foster;Robert
FN:Robert Foster
ORG:Mountain Visions P/L
TITLE:Managing Director
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(03) 8742-1770
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(03) 9748-7771
TEL;CELL;VOICE:0418 131 065
TEL;WORK;FAX:(03) 9748-7772
ADR;WORK:;;3 Trentham Close;Hoppers Crossing;Victoria;3029;Australia
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:3 Trentham Close=0D=0AHoppers Crossing, Victoria 3029=0D=0AAustralia
URL;WORK:http://mountainvisions.com.au
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:rfoster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REV:20060412T213231Z
END:VCARD