Re: Amanda client AVC

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Stephen Smalley wrote:

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 18:42 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
My amanda clients are seeing the following:

     kernel: audit(1144217150.855:17): avc:  denied  { name_bind } for
     pid=3707 comm="sendbackup" src=697
     scontext=system_u:system_r:amanda_t:s0
     tcontext=system_u:object_r:reserved_port_t:s0 tclass=tcp_socket

And they don't work.

How to fix, please?  TIA.

port 697 is listed as uuidgen in /etc/services, so specifically mapping
it to an amanda port type and allowing amanda to bind to it seems wrong.
If this is just a result of probing for any available low port for NIS,
then the allow_ypbind boolean is likely relevant; try enabling it.

That stops the denial messages, but Amanda still isn't working. It fails with "too many dumper retry". I'm not getting denials, though, so I suppose that must be something else?

(Running nscd doesn't seem to help matters.)

Also, this seems strange as a solution as this network doesn't run NIS. I do have all the amanda-related ports open on both server and client. I had no problems running amanda under FC4. My server is FC4 and it backs itself and an RH7.3 machine up with no problems. Only my FC5 clients have issues.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu