Re: How to allow vsftpd to listen on other ports?

Dnia 03/08/2006 07:11 PM, Użytkownik Stephen Smalley napisał:

Needs to go in net_contexts, and put before the catchall cases for
reserved_port_t.

Thanks, it works but I wanted to avoid modifying this file. Does that mean that I will need to edit it after every selinux-policy-targetes-sources update? (I can use ftp port > 1023 so this entry wouldn't need to be placed before reserved_port_t)

In FC5, you'll have much nicer options for such customization via
semanage without needing policy sources at all.

Yes, it's more user friendly :D I've just tested it on my rawhide box. semanage man page sucks a bit (no examples), so it took me few minutes to construct this command:

semanage port -a -t ftp_port_t -p tcp 7777

Actually, it was unnecessary on FC5 ;-) It seems that SELinux policy does not block vsftpd from binding to other ports (or my system is broken?). I'm using selinux-policy-targeted-2.2.23-6 it if makes any differance.

I had to modify http_port_t to allow Apache to work on 81 port, though...

--

  ^_*