Re: FC4 + samba + selinux

I think we should allow smbd to search all directories if this is the case. Alternatively we can have system-config-samba generate policy for this on the fly, and alert the user, but that will be a pain, and seems unnecessary.

Maybe have system-config-samba make sure the directory is properly
labeled with mnt_t or samba_share_t?

I think Eric's point was that smbd needs directory search access on the entire path to the directory. I haven't verified that this is correct, but from past experience I suspect it's true. Labeling everything on the path as samba_share_t or mnt_t is usually not possible.