Re: need help - new hard disk, messed up but uneditable fstab file

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 22:01 +0200, Gökhan Fazlı Çelik wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for an answer to the trouble I have faced, any help will
> be appreciated.
> I have added a secondary hdd and edited /etc/fstab file, it seems it
> is messed up. Selinux requires root password and this file remains
> read-only against all the efforts I have tried.
> chmod +w,
> or from "vi :x!" doesnot work and I am stuck at the boot stage..

If it is truly selinux-related, you can always boot with enforcing=0 on
the kernel command line (to disable enforcement of permission checks by
SELinux) or further you can boot with selinux=0 on the kernel command
line (to completely disable SELinux at boot).  But I'm not clear that it
is anything SELinux-related from your description.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency