Re: Rotate audit log?

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Steve G wrote:

Is there a reason not to include /var/log/audit/audit.log in the logrotate
regime?

Yes, CAPP has requirements that all audit failures be handled appropriately.
This includes an error rotating logs. The audit daemon handles its own log
rotation.

Hope this helps...

Thanks. The only thing it didn't explain is why I never see rotated audit logs. Since installing FC4, I've only ever seen a single audit.log, now up to almost 8MB.

I was going to ask if there is config setting someplace, but I found it and I see that it rotates at 8MB. My confusion was that it never seemed to get rotated with the other logs.

-Steve

http://mail.yahoo.com

--
		Matthew Saltzman