Re: acpid needs to talk to d-bus

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
The latest Network Manager does some useful things across a suspend/resume cycle, but it relies on a dbus-send signal from the /etc/acpi/actions/sleep script.

My script fails to deliver that signal when invoked from acpid in enforcing mode, but it works fine from the command line or in permissive mode.

What avc messages are you seeing?

Now that you mention it, it looks like ifdown (called from NetworkManager?) is the problem:

Is this fix in the latest update or Rawhide yet? I'm currently using selinux-policy-targeted-1.27.1-13 from devel. The 1.27.1-17 version in Rawhide requires a new policycoreutils, which seems to require a bunch of other things.

Thanks.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences