Re: strict policy problem

Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 01:46 -0400, Richard Hally wrote:

would someone please fix the problem with firefox and thunderbird not starting when using the latest strict policy(selinux-policy-strict-1.27.1-11)? Below are the AVC messages from audit.log when trying to start them

You should always bugzilla such issues so that they can be tracked
properly...

Perhaps someone who understands the problem and possibly the solution and which package to file against could help us out here?

BTW, the other part of the problem is possibly related to the "devel's mcs breaks prelink and FC4 compat" thread. When I do 'touch /.autorelabel' and reboot, Firefox and Thunderbird will start. If I then do another reboot without the autorelabel they will then not start.

Just speculating here but it seems that something is being kept in memory from relabeling that allows these apps to start but is not there when doing an ordinary boot. But that is just speculation. Is it FF and T'bird or is it SELinux?

Also, this problem has been occurring with Firefox for several months but has only started occurring with T'bird in the last week or so. These are the only two apps I have tried on my strict/MCS test box.

Richard Hally