Re: s-c-securitylevel and permissive?

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 02:05 -0400, Richard Hally wrote:
> running rawhide with the strict policy, when I startup
> system-config-securitylevel from the menu and simply exit by clicking on
> OK (without changing anything) the system is switched from enforcing to
> permissive.
> Anyone else seeing this?

Here is what I see:  On every exit from system-config-securitylevel, it
attempts to rewrite /etc/selinux/config and reset the kernel enforcing
status to whatever is in that file, even if no changes were made.  Looks
like the dirty flag is being set all the time by enabled_changed due to
invocation during initialization, but I haven't looked into why.   Dan?

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency