Re: fedora-selinux-list Digest, Vol 18, Issue 9

Joe Orton wrote:

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 10:35:54AM -0400, John Griffiths wrote:
Joe Orton wrote:
The above all represent important functionality.

  Agreed.

I'm not convinced that the security vs usability tradeoff is being won
in favour of enabling the boolean by default.

  I don't quite understand this sentence. Are you saying the boolean should
  be enabled by default? We certainly need the functionality. When security
  gets in the way of getting the job done, then we have lost the war.

Sorry, I inverted the logic! I'm arguing that the httpd_can_network_connect boolean should be enabled by default, yes.

joe

How about I add

# allow httpd to connect to mysql/posgresql databases
allow httpd_t { postgresql_port_t mysqld_port_t }:tcp_socket name_connect;
can_ldap(httpd_t)

By default and leave the boolean off?

Dan