Re: Java apps can't use network

Igor Wawrzyniak wrote:

Hi,

I tried running some Java apps on Fedora Core 4 with SELinux enabled and they can't connect to network. The symptoms are strange (at least for me, I'm new to SELinux): 1) I use TARGETED policy - I thought it shouldn't restrict applications unless they were explicitly listed? 2) I tried setting SELINUX to PERMISSIVE - the apps still couldn't use network. 3) The apps are blocked silently - no info in syslog, regardless of SELINUX mode.

All non-Java apps can use the network. All non-network related Java functions seem to work just fine. I tried 2 versions of Sun JRE.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug? Can I use my Java software without totally disabling SELinux?

Regards,

Igor Wawrzyniak

which java app?
when it still does not work in permissive mode than it isn't an selinux issue.
might be a firewall/nat problem which ports are this apps trying to use?