Re: make relabel > restorecon

Richard Hally wrote:

Steve Brueckner wrote:

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Steve Brueckner wrote:

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Steve Brueckner wrote:

I have a file
/etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/file_contexts/programs/tspi_dillo.fc

that contains the following line only:

/tspi/usr/local/bin/dillo -- system_u:object_r:tspi_dillo_exec_t

When I do # make reload and then # make relabel the system
correctly labels the file and adds the above line to the master
file_contexts file.
However, if I then run # /sbin/restorecon /tspi/usr/local/bin/dillo
the file's type reverts to default_t

Any ideas on why this is happening?

I take it you have a domains/program/tspi_dillo.te file?

grep dillo /etc/selinux/targeted/context/files/*

Yes, I have /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/domains/program/tspi_dillo.te which declares the tspi_dillo_exec_t.

However, I think your grep showed me where the problem lies.  There
are two file_contexts files:
/etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy/file_contexts/file_contexts
/etc/selinux/targeted/context/files/file_contexts
And a diff shows that the former has the context for dillo and the
latter does not.  I was apparently mistaken earlier when I said that
the "master" file_contexts file contains the line in question.

So my question now becomes how does the former get updated?  I've
done make reload and make relabel but it seems that neither is
updating /etc/selinux/targeted/context/files/file_contexts.

That is strange. Make reload should have copied the your
file_context over.
Try make -W users load
See if the file_context gets replaced. Any chance of clock skew on
your machine.

Fooling make into thinking users had been updated did the trick, thanks. My
clock, logs, and file times all look fine, so I don't think clock skew is
the problem.

I am, however, running (last week's) rawhide SELinux and rawhide kernel on
an othewise FC3 install, so maybe there's something not meshing in there.
Am I correct in thinking that the rawhide SELinux packages are currently
being written and tested on FC4?

Anyway, I appreciate the assist.

- Steve Brueckner, ATC-NY

Wasn't there a change a while back(3-4 weeks) to the make file that requires 'make install' to update the file_contexts? I've been using 'make clean install reload' to do a complete update from source policy.

Richard Hally

Shouldn't have to. The goal was to never do a make install since this will blow away any user customizations.

Dan