Changing Permisions

I'm a N00b so be patient.

I've installed Fedora Core 3 on a duel boot system with windows 98 (fat 32) and have mounted the windows partition from Fedora but find that I can only write to the windows partition if I'm logged in as root. How do I change the permissions to allow me to write to certain folders on the windows partition without compromising the security biult into SELinux. Remember that I'm new to this so try to explain it step by step or point me to a web page that explains it step by step. Much Thanks. John