Re: Non-root listening at port < 1024

Troels Arvin wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to selinux, and I haven't read all documentation yet.

Still, can't help asking:
Does selinux make it possible to run a non-root program and let that
program bind to a port < 1024? (Something which I've long missed in Linux.)

No. SELinux is parallel to normal Linux/Unix protections. So anything that is prevented do
to Normal Unix protections will be prevented in an SELinux System. In the future this might
change.

Dan