Re: Dont know the meaning of sestatus's report

Patrick Chiang wrote:

Dear all,

I'm new to SELinux,
hopefully my question is not a FAQ,
I've googled around for a while but still no clues at all.

while I run sestatus, I found these messages...

allow_ypbind            inactive
httpd_disable_trans     inactive
httpd_enable_cgi        active
httpd_enable_homedirs   active
httpd_ssi_exec          active
httpd_unified           active
named_disable_trans     inactive
named_write_master_zonesinactive

some of them are easy to understand, but the rest phrases, such as named_disable_trans, httpd_unified, are
rather difficult.

If you use system-config-securitylevel, these booleans get a better translation. It probably would be
a good idea to use the translation table in s-c-sl for this tool. (Put it on my todo list. :^))

SERVICE_disable_trans - if active means that the SERVICE will run without SELinux protection,
so if I can not get apache to run under SELinux I could specify

setsebool -P httpd_disable_trans 1

And then restart httpd, it will now run under unconfined_t instead of httpd_t.

httpd_unified - tells policy to treat all files marked as httpd content the same way.
So httpd and freiends can read/write/execute all content.

Does anybody know how to decode these?

TIA,

Patrick