Re: /var/tmp/badcontext

Stephen J. Smoogen wrote:

What should users do with the files listed in /var/tmp/badcontext?

For the last 3 days I have had over 10000 files listed since I
installed it. I was wondering if I should be running some command
after a yum upgrade that I didnt know about ;).

  17287 /var/tmp/badcontext.HNjBUG2517
  52272 /var/tmp/badcontext.XzqEZB4859
  22518 /var/tmp/badcontext.YGZFP27816

restorecon -f /var/tmp/badcontext.YGZFP27816

Will fix the context, then delete the files. We are investigating how do handle this better. Also
some of the bad contexts are not really bad, IE the tools not smart enough to realize that the context is
valid. Setfiles is just reporting files that don't match the regular expessions in the file_contexts file.

So cache files created by mozilla get marked as bad even though they are valid.