Re: Domains, interpreted languages, and Cron scripts

I see--please pardon my pedanticism <g>.

Cheers,

--On Monday, August 16, 2004 2:54 PM -0400 Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 14:33, Bill McCarty wrote:
It does seem reasonable to avoid domain transitions whereby someone
could  gain permissions. But, Cron isn't all powerful and so I must
allow one or  more domain transitions that selectively add permissions.
Otherwise, I'd  have to extend Cron itself an unacceptably extensive
range of permissions.

True. A better statement would be "domain transitions on scripts should only be done when the caller is trusted not to abuse them."

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
National Security Agency