Re: [Fwd: Re: who provides /etc/sysconfig/selinux?]

Stephen Smalley wrote:

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 10:53, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Todays selinux-polcy-* RPMS attempt to handle the /etc/selinux/config and /etc/sysconfig/selinux files in the post install.

Please check them out.

On a system that had not yet installed either selinux-policy-strict or selinux-policy-targeted (just policy and policy-sources and no /etc/selinu/config), I ran: yum update SysVinit libselinux yum install selinux-policy-targeted selinux-policy-targeted-sources

It installed the targeted policy as expected, but /etc/selinux/config
has SELINUXTYPE=strict in it.

Yes this is because you were running with strict policy before, so I expected you to run with strict policy afterwards. Yum update would have pulled both strict and targeted.

So Initial install gets targeted, upgrade from FC2 with policy gets strict. The one hole in the strategy is upgrading a policy -> targeted without installing strict.

Dan