Re: Difference between policy-sources and policy-strict-sources

Jochen Schmitt wrote:

Hello,

I have found the packages policy-sources-1.11.3-3 and
policy-strict-sources-1.11.3-3 in the rawhide repository.

I was wondering, that both packages can installed on the same system.

when I enter

$ rpm -qi

I could found out, that both packages are based on the same Source RPM.

After I have got the filelist of both packages with

$ rpm -ql

I have found out, that both packages contains the same files.

It will be nice, if anyone can explain be the aint to build both packages and why it is possible to installed both on the same machine.

I think, policy-strict-sources should contains policies with more restrictive
rigths, so I assume, there should be a conflict between both packages.

Best Regards: Jochen Schmitt