Re: Core 2 SELinux installation

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:34:44 EDT, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  said:

> So how would people feel about a separate relaxed policy that allows
> everything in the system to run completely unconfined except for a small
> set of specific services, e.g. apache, bind, postfix, ...
> That would ensure that SELinux wouldn't get in the way of users, while
> providing some protection benefit for network-facing services.

Hmm.. that sounds like something that might be a good idea for some
environments, but it's not something that I want on my machines.

Personally, I *like* the idea that things like Mozilla and my MUA can
be confined - my machines are already hardened enough that those two
are positively the soft underbelly of the system....